Dr. Peter Aborn
With a career spanning more than 45 years, Dr. Aborn trained at NYU and practiced for more than twenty years in his private practice in New York City.
Originally from Brookline, MA, Dr. Peter is a kind and compassionate doctor and a favorite among our East Coast patients.
Dr. Peter Aborn has a distinguished history that includes active service as a US War Veteran, award-winning prosthodontist and university professor. Dr. Aborn now manages the patient process and patient coordination for Goodness Dental.
He is a skilled prosthodontist who lends his many years of experience and expertise to developing accurate treatment plans for his patients. Dr. Peter is a wonderful listener and enjoys spending time discussing treatment solutions with his patients.
When not working with his patients, Dr. Peter resides with his wife Franci at their home in Rohrmoser, Costa Rica.
Resume: Dr. Peter Aborn
Universidad de Costa Rica: (San Pedro; Facultad de Odontología) (1) Licenciado en Odontología 1996 (2) Especialidad en Prostodoncia 1996
Eastman Dental Center: (Rochester, New York) 1985 Course of study for certification and proficiency: Osseointegrated Implants
University of Rochester, Graduate School of Medicine and Dentistry: (Rochester, New York) 1974-1977 Master’s Program Dept. of Dental Science and Research MS Dental Research
Eastman Dental Center (Rochester, New York) 1974-1977 Specialty Program Dept. of Postgraduate Prosthodontics Postgraduate education under the supervision of Dr. Allen A. Brewer Specialty Certification in Prosthodontics
Westchester County Medical Center/ Grasslands Hospital (Valhalla, New York)1973-1974 Rotating Internship: Dental Service Certification
New York University College of Dentistry (New York, New York) 1969-1973 Undergraduate Dental Education DDS
The George Washington University (Washington, D.C.) 1963-1967 A.A. (Associate of Arts) 1965 B.S. (Bachelor of Science Major: Zoology) 1967
1977-1995: Clinic: 745 5th Avenue, New York, New York 10151
1998- 2015: Clínica: San José, Costa Rica
SPECIALTY IN PROSTHODONTICS INCLUDING:
- Reconstruction of the edentulous and partially edentulous mouth with implant fixtures, fixed or removable partial dentures, complete dentures and overdentures with and without attachments
- Restorative: utilizing and composite resin to restore complex restorations; onlays both metal and porcelain; Crowns both all porcelain and porcelain fused to metal; Porcelain Laminates (Facings)
- Maxillofacial: Reconstruction of both acquired and congenital defects including cleft palate and oncological conditions in both children and adults
- Temporomandibular Joint Disorders
- Treatment of Patients with Eating Disorders: Bulimia
- Colegio Cirujano Dentistas de Costa Rica (1998-Current)
- International Association of Dental Research (1977-2000; 2012- Current)
- Eastern Prosthodontic Society (1979-Current)
- Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics (1973-Current): Elected to Life Membership
- American College of Prosthodontics (1977- Current) Elected to Life Membership
- American Dental Association (1973-1995)
- American Prosthodontic Society (1974-1977)
- The American College of Dental Radiology (1973-1978)
- First District Dental Society-A.D.A. (1977- 1995)
- Manhattan Dental Study Club (1977-1995)
- Perio-Prosthodontic Society (1977-1995)
- New York
- Costa Rica