Dr. Clyde Waggoner, DMD
Director of Patient Services
Dr. Waggoner, an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, practiced in Denver, Colorado for more than two decades before moving to Costa Rica in early 2020.
He served as the President of the Colorado Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons and is a Fellow with the American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons, as well as a Diplomate of the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons.
During his tenure as a private practice oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Waggoner earned a reputation as a skilled dental implant surgeon and a successful practitioner of the All on 4 dental implants procedure in addition to a wide range of oral and maxillofacial surgery techniques.
In service to his country, Dr. Waggoner also served as an Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon with the United States Air Force at Malmstrom Air Force Base, in Great Falls, Montana. He also served as an Associate Professor at University Hospital at the University of Louisville, Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and has been active in non-profit volunteer work for cleft lip and cleft palate surgical missions around the world. His list of credentials is extensive, and his experience is virtually unmatched in the industry.
Dr. Clyde guides and directs the Goodness Dental Patient Coordination and Patient Services team, responsible for serving the needs of international patients seeking affordable, world-class dental care in Costa Rica. Having worked in some of the finest dental clinics and oral and maxillofacial surgery centers in the USA, Dr. Waggoner is proud to join an organization that features some of the most advanced clinical space in the dental industry.
Dr. Clyde helps American and Canadian patients conduct their research while assisting them with their treatment planning process. He leads an incredible team of patient coordinators and assists patients as they consider dental care at Goodness Dental in Costa Rica.
Resume: Dr. Clyde Waggoner, DMD
EDUCATION & TRAINING:
- Certificate in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Residency Program, University Hospital, University of Louisville, KY. 1989 to 1993.
- D.M.D., University of Louisville School of Dentistry, 1985 to 1989.
- Pediatric Advanced Life
- Advanced Cardiac Life
- Healthcare Provider Basic Life
PROFESSIONAL VOLUNTEER MISSIONS
- Multiple cleft lip and cleft palate surgical missions.
- PAGES (Philippines American Group of Educators and Surgeons) Philippines, 1992-1996.
- SmileStar Dental Mission: 2019-present.
- Zambia, Africa: Planned for 2021
PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIPS & CERTIFICATIONS
- American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons: Diplomate
- American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons: Fellow
- American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons: Fellow
- International Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons: Fellow
- Colorado Society of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons: Past President
- American Dental Society of Anesthesiology: Diplomate & Speaker of the House of Delegates Board of Directors
- American Institute of Parliamentarians: Past Board of Directors
- American Dental Association: Member
- Colorado Dental Association: Member
- Metro Denver Dental Society: Member
- International Federation of Dental Anesthesiology Societies: Member