Dr. Carlos Fiorito
Dr. Carlos Fiorito works with our international patients, coordinating treatment plans and patient care.
Originally from Argentina, Dr. Carlos spent 20 years in patient care in Chicago before joining Goodness Dental in Costa Rica. Dr. Carlos is a dynamic, caring medical professional with a huge heart. He puts his patients first and it shows in the love his patients feel for him. Fluent in both Spanish and English, Dr. Carlos ensures that his patients receive the very best care and attention.
Dr. Carlos is a skilled dental treatment planner, who takes the time needed to fully understand his patient’s needs before crafting a custom dental treatment plan that meets their unique needs and budget. With a great sense of humor and a gentle disposition, patients admire Dr. Carlos and his ability to make everyone feel truly welcome and comfortable in his presence.
When he’s not taking care of his patients at Goodness Dental, Dr. Carlos is an avid fitness enthusiast, and enjoys boxing. He also loves to enjoy time with his wife and daughter in their home in Escazu, Costa Rica.
Resume: Dr. Carlos Fiorito
- 2017-Present: Patient Coordinator & Dental Treatment Planning Specialist: Goodness Dental
- 2014-2017-American Surgical Professional, Mokena IL, USA: First Surgical Assistant for Conventional Surgery, Emergency, Trauma, Minimally Invasive Laparoscopy, Multiple Port and Single Port Robotics, Vertebral Fusions, Microdiscectomy, Total and Partial Joint Replacement Surgery. Orthopedic trauma surgery, and laparoscopy. Cesareans.
- Team Leader: Responsible for hiring, evaluating, guiding, training and scheduling monthly Surgical Assistants
- 2003-2011- Our Lady of Resurrection, Chicago IL, USA First Surgical Assistant for Conventional Surgery, Emergency, Trauma, Minimally Invasive Laparoscopy, Bariatric Surgery, Multiple Port and Single Port Robotics, Vertebral Fusions, Microdiscectomy, Total and Partial Joint Replacement Surgery. Orthopedic trauma surgery, and laparoscopy. Cardiovascular and peripheral vascular surgery, Pacemakers. Reconstructive and aesthetic plastic surgery. Podiatric Surgery
- 2011-2013- St. Joseph Hospital, Chicago IL, USA First and Second Surgical Assistant for Conventional Surgery, Emergency, Trauma, Minimally Invasive Laparoscopy, Vertebral Fusion, Microdiscectomy, Total and Partial Joint Replacement Surgery. Orthopedic trauma surgery, and laparoscopy. Peripheral cardiovascular surgery, Laparoscopic thoracic, pacemaker.
- 2000-2003-Garcia Medical Center-Pro Health, Chicago, IL, USA Medical Assistant, Phlebotomist, Assistance in Colonoscopies and Esophagogastroduodenoscopies, Clinical Stories, ECG, Ultrasound, Vital Signs, Injections.
- 2003 American Board of Surgical Assistant, USA, Certified Surgical Assistant
- 1997 National University of Córdoba, Argentina, Surgeon
- 2000-2002- Research Volunteer, Division of Cardiology Rush Presbyterian St Luke's Medical Center, Chicago, IL. Responsibility: Research surgery in pigs and rats.
- 2003-2017- Continuing Medical Education. Medscape LLC. USA. Annually – 18.5 hours in different medical specialties. 1 hour per year in medical ethics.
- 2003-2017- Basic Life Support. American Heart Association. USES.
- 2012 DaVinci Certification – multiple ports and single port. Surgical Assistant USES.
- 2016 DaVinci Xi Certification – multiple ports and single port. Surgical Assistant USES.